Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Build problems with Sun's compiler on Solaris 10

From: "Stig Bjørlykke" <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 09:47:49 +0100
2008/2/7, Dr. David Kirkby <david.kirkby@xxxxxxxxxx>:
I've trying to build wireshark-0.99.7  on a Sun Blade 2000 workstation
running Solaris 10 update 4 using Sun's studio 11 compiler suite.

Here are some notes. #6 is a show-stopper, as it is stopping me building
wireshark - the others are minor points I believe which need fixing, but
are quite easy to fix.

Hi.

Unfortunately the ethercat plugin had some anonymous structs and unions when releasing 0.99.7.  They have been fixed in several commits to trunk, so please have a look at r24024, r24061, r24277 and r24279.

As I suppose none of the core developers are building with this compiler it would be nice if you could try patching with the given revisions, or just copy the ethercat files from trunk, and give us a feedback if this works.

--
Stig Bjørlykke