Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Configure problem with pcap_open_live

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:23:55 -0700
Paulo Wilbert wrote:

Resulting config.log was attached.

libpcap-0.9.8 was installed (at least ./configure, make and make install did not show errors).

(That was done on Linux, so you could probably have installed a binary package for libpcap and the corresponding developer package, if there's a separate developer package. In fact, the binary package might already be installed, if, for example, you have a /usr/lib/libpcap.so file, in which case you should probably un-install libpcap 0.9.8 and install the distribution's developer package, unless you explicitly want to use 0.9.8 built from source rather than what comes with the distribution.)

If you run "ranlib /usr/local/lib/libpcap.a", does that fix things?