Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to get Average RTT

From: Marc Glenn <mjamon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:44:28 +0800
Greg Helps wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Stephen Fisher
Sent: Wednesday, 18 July 2007 1:29 PM
To: Community support list for Wireshark
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to get Average RTT

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 11:46:20AM +0800, Marc Glenn wrote:

    I tried viewing the Round Trip Time Graph ins Statistics->TCP
Stream Graph->Round Trip Time Graph but I was not able to
get an exact value for the average Round Trip Time.

So the graph showing you the data you want, just without the
actual measurements shown that you need?

Steve

Not sure if this fits what you are trying to do, but have you tried
Statistics -> IO Graphs
Then set Units to Advanced. Select "AVG(*)" as the Calc method. Enter
tcp.analysis.ack_rtt
You can apply a filter in the appropriate location as well.
Note that you will need "Analyze TCP sequence numbers" activated in TCP
protocol options in Wireshark preferences for this to work.

Cheers
Greg