Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Summary reports of captured traffic to identify network us

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:11:32 +0200
Hi,

You better use ntop for that. For other tools see the Wiki:
http://wiki.wireshark.org/Tools#line-37

Thanx,
Jaap

Richard Mundell wrote:
We're capturing traffic on our network to get an idea of general use of our internet connection by our staff. Obviously Wireshark gives a vast amount of detail but what we're trying to get an idea is of trends. For example, 5% of the traffic is AOL Instant Messenger, 25% of the traffic from a certain PC is streaming video using Slingbox, etc. Can anyone recommend a tool that I can load up my pcap/tcpdump data into which will give me this sort of summary? Thanks, Richard