Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] capturing packets in "stealth" mode on Windows

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 13:27:46 -0800
Small, James wrote:

You want to uncheck everything except the Network Monitor Driver - I
believe this is what WinPcap is using to monitor the network adapter.

Only for PPP interfaces. For LAN interfaces, it has its own driver for this. It doesn't appear to show up in the adapter properties window, even after running Wireshark (it's load-on-demand, as I remember).