Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Reassemble packets from Gnutella download?

From: d a <otto81494@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 08:47:16 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,

I posted a couple days ago and it never made the forum so I appologize if this is a repeat.
First off...great software!
I have about 12 hours of Wireshark use so far. Having trouble reassembling packets downloaded from Gnutella. I can reassemble HTTP image packets n/p. Someone please tell me what Im doing wrong.

I begin a capture (wireshark latest realease), download an image file (jpg ) with only 1 host (to avoid swarming downloads). I then stop the capture and filter using the "ip.source" filter. I can then view all tcp packets downloaded from the host and checksum shows successful. I dont get the same options as I do with a HTTP Jpeg download and cant find an option to export as raw data. I even tried "follow TCP stream", stripping header info, and copy and paste the bytes to a  text editor with a JPEG extension but the image wont open. I do have TCP dissector and IP reassemble ticked. Maybe Im using the wrong filter?

    Any suggestions as to how I can reassemble an image file downloaded from with Gnutella would be greatly appretiated.
Thanks
Dave

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.