Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Opening Acterna WAN capture files in wireshark

From: "Persio Pucci" <persio@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:38:43 -0200
ProConvert did the job just fine, just to let you guys know.

I am really glad I've found this forum, Wireshark is just a tremendous tool, light-years ahead of any other. I really pretend to help out on the forum, I just love this tool.

Persio

On 1/30/07, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx> wrote:
Guy Harris wrote:
> Persio Pucci wrote:
>

>> is there a way to open in Wireshark files captured by an Acterna packet
>> analyzer in a Frame Relay interface?
>>

> The list of file formats supported by Wireshark can be found at
>
>       http://wiki.wireshark.org/FileFormatReference
>
> It doesn't explicitly list Acterna's format; unless it uses one of the
> formats listed there, Wireshark can't read it.

> If Acterna has documented the format, and you have that documentation,
> we could use that to write the code to read those files.  We would need
> some capture files to test it
I googled around if I can find some docs about that format but couldn't
find anything.

BTW: Acterna was bought by JDSU and was formerly Wavetek Wandel
Goltermann / TTC, according to
http://www.wildpackets.com/products/free_utilities/proconvert/file_types

Regards, ULFL