Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Opening Acterna WAN capture files in wireshark

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 01:13:20 +0100
Guy Harris wrote:
Persio Pucci wrote:

is there a way to open in Wireshark files captured by an Acterna packet analyzer in a Frame Relay interface?

The list of file formats supported by Wireshark can be found at

	http://wiki.wireshark.org/FileFormatReference

It doesn't explicitly list Acterna's format; unless it uses one of the formats listed there, Wireshark can't read it.
If Acterna has documented the format, and you have that documentation, we could use that to write the code to read those files. We would need some capture files to test it
I googled around if I can find some docs about that format but couldn't find anything.

BTW: Acterna was bought by JDSU and was formerly Wavetek Wandel Goltermann / TTC, according to http://www.wildpackets.com/products/free_utilities/proconvert/file_types

Regards, ULFL