Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Help on interperation

From: "Adam S. Roth" <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:13:19 -0500

Hi:

I am a new comer to Wireshark.  I was ondering if some of you can provide some insight to some issues I am experincing.  I have over 800 error 4770's.  So my first question is how bad are 4770 (Incorrect TCP Checksums).  I have read it can be a proxy issue which might not be bad.  But I am unsure.

Also,  I have 300 path errors.  I am troubleshooting a client using Lotus Notes and it is taking a long time to open the client (the above error is also part of this situation).  So when I open the client which is located in another state, it goes through a T1 Point to Point (no firewall) and connects to another State''s main office.   So I am wondering the following:

What is an accurate way to figure out how long the delay is?

Is the Checksum really causing the issue?

How do I figure out when the client (lotus notes) makes the request for the file to the point when it can't find it?  How do I figure that out in Wireshark?

I just purchased the new Wireshark book so I am going to read it.  I also want to know what other good resources are out there to learn more about Wireshark other the this group and the book.

Also, if anyone is in the New York City area and is intersted in starting a local group, let me know.

Thanks

Adam