Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Help on Inquiry

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 16:56:57 -0500

ARAMBULO, Norman R. wrote:
Hi,
Actualy we are planning to use wireshark on a large network so we could further study IP Packtes. Can wireshark support our needs. Thanks and more power.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Certainly Wireshark is good for capturing and analyzing IP packets. However it is NOT good for capturing huge amounts of traffic: it's really a protocol analyzer, not a traffic analyzer.