Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Can ethereal read from a capture file that itself is continuin

From: "Keith Fleming" <kfleming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:07:09 -0500

We have an SS7 monitoring tool that is able to write out to stdout raw SS7 MTP3 data. I already have a tool that will convert this to PCAP format. Is it possible to setup ethereal to read from a PCAP file, that is itself being written to?

Or is there an easy way to make a “dummy” interface for ethereal to capture from, fooling it into thinking that it is reading from a network interface?

Thanks in advance!

-Keith