Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] No TCP traffic

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 14:48:16 -0700
Alan Middlehurst wrote:

A machine in my office is extremely slow to respond to certain
things. I thought I would capture some packets and check out what is
going on, when I looked at the capture there is NO TCP traffic. After
a few minutes monitoring (just that IP address) there was only 10
packets, which consisted of ARP x 6, NBNS x 2 and SNMP x 2 while I
was monitoring I browsed the internet and searched for some files on
the network (which all worked, albeit very slowly).

I ran the same sort of test on my machine which came back with 114
packets including TCP and HTTP, I also ran the same thing on another
machine next to the first slow one, which also came back with lots of
TCP packets.

OK, so on which machine are you running Wireshark? Your machine, one of the two other machines you mention, or yet another machine?