Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] trouble getting packaged installs to work on OSX

From: "Chris Cocuzzo" <chris.cocuzzo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 17:05:33 -0400
I've encountered this problem using both Fink and DarwinPorts. While the error messages might have been slightly different, they both amounted to something like this in the OSX command line: "GTK unable to open"

In both situations the packages seemed to install without a hitch, and I followed the directions. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Also, I have ethereal running correctly in Parallels on OSX; however, it seems like I can't see any other network interface aside from Parallels itself. Any ideas why it doesn't find the other interfaces out there?

Sorry. Newbie questions. I know.

Chris