Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Sample of IAX2 with RTP

From: Jirka Novak <j.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2021 09:27:47 +0200
Hi,

  first: I didn't received this response from mailing system even I'm
receiving other wireshark-dev communication as expected. I noticed it in
archive...

> Be very careful to not change any calculation made in accordance to
> RFC 3550.
> People depend on these algorithms as well as the naming used.

  Yes, I'm aware of it. I'm going to change/fix calculation of mean
value of jitter which is not described in RFC 3550 by my opinion and I
think there is clear mistake as it do not calculate mean value of the
jitter, but mean value of one of internal variables used for calculate
jitter. So in some cases it calculates obvious nonsense.
  Please, check https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/issues/17600 if
I'm correct.

  Nevertheless I'm still missing IAX2 with RTP sample...

					Best regards,

						Jirka Novak