Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] git doesn't like me anymore

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 21:24:21 -0800
On Jan 17, 2021, at 3:43 PM, Fulko Hew <fulko.hew@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> fatal: 'downstream' does not appear to be a git repository

I don't call it "downstream" - as per the (bowderlized :-)) comment in my git-reviewbranch script, I think "upstream" and "downstream" do not contribute any improvement in understanding - but I do have an equivalent, and you need to create it and point it at your forked repository on GitLab.  The command to do that in git-reviewbranch is

	git remote add scratchpad git@xxxxxxxxxx:guyharris/wireshark.git

Replace "git@xxxxxxxxxx:guyharris/wireshark.git" with a reference to your forked repository; you can get the string by going to the main page for your repository and click the "Clone" drop-down box on the right, and copy the "Clone with SSH" string.

Replace "scratchpad" with "downstream" or whatever you want to call the relevant remote.