Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] git doesn't like me anymore

From: Fulko Hew <fulko.hew@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 18:43:57 -0500

The subject line says it all, but it doesn't say why.
git and I just don't seem to understand one another.

I've made a new dissector, and I went through the whole process
to clone the repo, add/change my stuff, resync it, and submit
my merge request.  Now the approver(s) asked for some changes,
and although I disagreed with the need for the last one, I've
now made that enhancement too, and want to commit it and have
it merged.

But now after doing the 'git commit -a', the instructions say
I need to do 'git push downstream HEAD', but that returns the
error messages:

fatal: 'downstream' does not appear to be a git repository

and the repository exists.

I'll admit, I don't understand git, let alone how to use it,
so I need help on what I need to do to get past this issue.

Thanks
Fulko