Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Issues in synphasor dissector

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 18:10:02 +0200
Hi Dmitriy,

There are still some issues with the synphasor dissector. There are a number of fields with the same field abbreviation, but incompatible type.
These are lines from the 'conflict check' run by the buildbot:

'synphasor.conf.chnam_len' exists multiple times with NOT compatible types: FT_STRING and FT_UINT8
'synphasor.conf.phasor_flags' exists multiple times with NOT compatible types: FT_UINT16 and FT_BOOLEAN
'synphasor.conf.pmu_latitude' exists multiple times with NOT compatible types: FT_STRING and FT_FLOAT
'synphasor.conf.pmu_longitude' exists multiple times with NOT compatible types: FT_STRING and FT_FLOAT
'synphasor.conf.pmu_elevation' exists multiple times with NOT compatible types: FT_STRING and FT_FLOAT

https://buildbot.wireshark.org/petri-dish/builders/Ubuntu%20Petri%20Dish%20x64/builds/12010/steps/conflict%20check/logs/stdio

You seem to be knowledgeable about this protocol and dissector. Would you be able to address these reported issues?

Thanks,
Jaap