Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Table 1. Typographic Conventions

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 13:28:15 +0100
Hello,

Well, actually there is a distinction between the two.

The monospace examples have their contents on the background, as is.
The bold monospace examples have their contents on the alternative background.

Since the convention in a table is to alternate the backgrounds on a row by row basis, in table 1, the monospace example falls on the alternate (table row) background, while the bold monospace example falls on the normal (table row) background. The bold monospace example having the alternate background results in the same background as the alternate (table row) background.

So, in short:
- Monospace examples are on their background.
- Bold monospace examples are on there alternative background.

As an alternative I might suggest to download and use the PDF version of the User’s Guide instead. The formatter for this document uses different typographic conventions, which may be more in line with your requirements.

Hope it helps.