Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 3.0.1 build warning on Windows

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 15:58:20 -0700
On 4/10/19 3:20 PM, Maynard, Chris wrote:
> [...]

One of the items in the major release checklist is "Set DISABLE_WERROR=ON in CMakeOptions.txt". We use the default DISABLE_WERROR setting on each of the builders, so "fail on warnings" is enabled in the master branch and disabled in each of the release branches. As I recall, the checklist step was added because enabling "fail on warnings" could cause issues in some cases, e.g. if you tried to build an older Wireshark branch using a newer, pickier compiler, or if a particular library (which might start with the letter "G") started to throw warnings about deprecated functions.

I'll add "-DDISABLE_WERROR=OFF" to the CMake steps on the master-3.0, master-2.6, and master-2.4 builders.