Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] : License Questions for Proposed Windows 10 & VDI Upgrade

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:12:54 +0000

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 at 21:49, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And as for the current version of Wireshark, 2.6.5, it seems to work on Windows 10, although you'll probably need to install Npcap:

        https://nmap.org/npcap/

rather than WinPcap if you want to capture network traffic.

This is not true, the Windows Wireshark 2.6.5 installer comes with WinPcap which works perfectly well (as well as it did on previous versions of Windows) on Windows 10.

Npcap does offer some newer facilities and will be supplied in the next release of Wireshark, 3.0.

--
Graham Bloice