Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] : License Questions for Proposed Windows 10 & VDI Upgrade

From: License Management Team <License.Management.Team@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 10:54:21 +0000
Good Morning,

We are in the planning stages of a proposed upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Operating System, with the intention of deploying on physical devices and also on a new Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution in select areas of our organisation.
In order that we continue to adhere to the licensing terms and any compliance requirements going forward, we would request that you could confirm the following answers to the below question set in relation to the following  Wiresharkapplication.

Wireshark 1.1

§        Can you please confirm that there are no compatibility issues or licence constraints or implications moving your application from Windows 7 to Windows 10?
If there are, please provide details.

§        Please confirm if there are any commercial implications associated with moving your application from Windows 7 to Windows 10?
If there are, please provide details.

§        Please confirm if there are any compatibility issues or licence constraints or implications associated with moving your application from a Physical Desktop to a VDI solution?
If there are, please provide details.

§        Please confirm if there are any commercial implications associated with moving your application from a Physical Desktop to a VDI solution?
If there are, please provide details.

§        Can you please confirm if we mask your application on a Windows 10 Physical Desktop and/or within a VDI solution using Appsense, would we require a license for that application?
If answer is no, please confirm if there is an alternative masking tool or process that would be acceptable for use on a Windows 10 Physical desktop and/or within a VDI environment?

§        Can you confirm if there is a license requirement for your application if it is being specifically used for testing compatibility for use within Windows 10 and/or within a VDI environment?

Kind Regards,

License Management Team
license.management.team@xxxxxxxx

License Management Team, Procurement
Symington House
7 North Avenue, Clydebank, G81 2NT
 Think before you print, save the trees
We will never ask for your login details, passwords, PIN or any details of your accounts or cards. If a link in an email takes you to a page asking for any of this information, or if you have any other reason to suspect an email or site might not be genuine, do not disclose any personal information and forward it to ReportPhishing@xxxxxxxx (please note no acknowledgement will be sent). Please call or write to us if you need to refer to personal account details or other confidential information.

This e-mail is issued by a CB Group company. The contents of this e-mail are confidential and will have no contractual effect unless it is otherwise agreed between a specific CB Group company and the recipient.

The CB Group is Clydesdale Bank PLC (which is registered in Scotland at registered office 30 St Vincent Place, Glasgow G1 2HL with Company No SC001111), each subsidiary or holding company of Clydesdale Bank PLC from time to time, and each subsidiary from time to time of any such holding company. For the avoidance of doubt the CB Group includes, among others, Yorkshire Bank Home Loans Limited (Company No 01855020) which is registered in England and Wales at registered office 20 Merrion Way, Leeds LS2 8NZ.

Clydesdale Bank PLC, which also trades as Yorkshire Bank, is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. (Financial Services Register No. 121873).

Yorkshire Bank Home Loans Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. (Financial Services Register No. 303825)

Credit facilities other than regulated mortgages and regulated credit agreements are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

The views and opinions expressed in this email may not reflect those of any member of the CB Group. If you are not the addressee (or responsible for delivery of the message to the addressee), please notify the originator immediately by return message and destroy the original message. This message and any attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving the CB Group network. However, CB Group does not guarantee the security of this message and will not be responsible for any damages arising as a result of any virus being passed on or arising from any alteration of this message by a third party. The CB Group may monitor emails sent to and from the CB Group network