Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Tips regarding measuring function execution times

From: Helge Kruse <Helge.Kruse@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 12:46:02 +0200
Hi Paul,

If you are working in Windows environment you can use
QueryPerformanceCounter (QPC) to get a high resolution time value. The
actual time resolution might vary, use QueryPerfomanceFrequency to get
the resolution. At my Windows 10 system I get a frequency of 3914059,
i.e. ~250ns.

But there is no C++ interface necessary tp Access QPC/QPF.
(https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms644904(v=vs.85).aspx)

See also: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn553408(v=vs.85).aspx

Regards
Helge