Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Tips regarding measuring function execution times

From: Paul Offord <Paul.Offord@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 06:34:20 +0000

Hi Roland,

I’m only doing this for debugging purposes, and I accumulate the total time as each packet is dissected.  To get the value as output I’ve put the printf in a cleanup routine that gets triggered when I close the trace file.

Unfortunately, microsecond granularity is not going to do it.  All start and end times produced by the code below are equal – giving an elapsed time of zero.  I’ve been looking at Windows nanosecond timers but I’ll have to use C++ to get access to those.

Best regards….Paul