Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Build error with VS2013 Ultimate

From: "e-mail graham.shanks" <graham.shanks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 19:37:53 +0100 (BST)

I have a problem with building Wireshark on a 64-bit Windows 8 machine using VS2013 Ultimate. I last built Wireshark on on this machine about 6 months ago, so I started a completely new development by installing and preparing the sources as per the development guide. When building the sources I get 8 errors, all basically as follows:

"C:\Development\wsbuild64\Wireshark.sln" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Development\wsbuild64\wireshark.vcxproj.metaproj" (default target) (69) ->
"C:\Development\wsbuild64\wireshark.vcxproj" (default target) (138) ->
C:\Development\wsbuild64\image\wireshark.rc(1): fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'winver.h'. [C:\Development\wsbuild64\wireshark.vcxproj]

Inspecting the solution file the $(WindowsSDK_IncludePath) macro is pointing to the correct system directory (i.e., it contains winver.h) and is included in the VC++ Directories property.

Any pointers to what is wrong?

Regards

Graham