Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Build error with VS2013 Ultimate

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 21:44:40 +0100

On 6 July 2017 at 19:37, e-mail graham.shanks via Wireshark-dev <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a problem with building Wireshark on a 64-bit Windows 8 machine using VS2013 Ultimate. I last built Wireshark on on this machine about 6 months ago, so I started a completely new development by installing and preparing the sources as per the development guide. When building the sources I get 8 errors, all basically as follows:

"C:\Development\wsbuild64\Wireshark.sln" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Development\wsbuild64\wireshark.vcxproj.metaproj" (default target) (69) ->
"C:\Development\wsbuild64\wireshark.vcxproj" (default target) (138) ->
C:\Development\wsbuild64\image\wireshark.rc(1): fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'winver.h'. [C:\Development\wsbuild64\wireshark.vcxproj]

Inspecting the solution file the $(WindowsSDK_IncludePath) macro is pointing to the correct system directory (i.e., it contains winver.h) and is included in the VC++ Directories property.

Any pointers to what is wrong?

Regards

Graham

Some questions:
  1. Are you building from the command line with msbuild or using the Visual Studio IDE?
  2. Can you attach the output of the CMake configuration step, this can be done by redirecting the output of the command to a text file and attaching that file i.e. "cmake ... ">&1 >cmake.txt"
  3. Similarly, can you attach the output of the msbuild step, i.e. "msbuild ... 2>&1 >build.txt"

--
Graham Bloice