Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compilation issue on Mac OS

From: ajay saxena <aileronajay@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 14:37:55 -0400
I have attached with this mail, the Makefile present in epan/dissectors/Makefile

The output of clang --version is

Ajays-MacBook-Pro:dissectors ajasaxen$ clang --version

Apple LLVM version 8.1.0 (clang-802.0.42)

Target: x86_64-apple-darwin16.5.0

Thread model: posix

InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin

Also I wanted to add that i wrote a small C file, with just this header include to ensure that cc can actually find this header file and that file compiles.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Apr 21, 2017, at 11:29 AM, ajay saxena <aileronajay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is what is get on running  head /usr/local/include/GeoIP.h
>

> Ajays-MacBook-Pro:~ ajasaxen$ head /usr/local/include/GeoIP.h
> /* -*- Mode: C; indent-tabs-mode: t; c-basic-offset: 2; tab-width: 2 -*- */
> /* GeoIP.h
>  *
>  * Copyright (C) 2016 MaxMind, Inc.
>  *
>  * This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
>  * modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
>  * License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
>  * version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
>  *

So head can find /usr/local/include/GeoIP.h, but clang can't?

> packet-ip.c:64:10: fatal error: 'GeoIP.h' file not found
> #include <GeoIP.h>

Could you send the contents of epan/dissectors/Makefile?

And what does clang --version print?