Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compilation issue on Mac OS

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 09:42:06 +0200
Hi,

Do you have try with cmake ?

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 10:33 PM, ajay saxena <aileronajay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to compile wireshark from source that I took from github. I have libgcrypt on my system and the configure script was able to find it. However when I actually run make i get this error

  CC       airpdcap.lo

In file included from airpdcap.c:49:

../../wsutil/wsgcrypt.h:36:10: fatal error: 'gcrypt.h' file not found

#include <gcrypt.h>

So i changed the epan/crypt/Makefile

COMPILE = $(CC) $(DEFS) $(DEFAULT_INCLUDES) $(INCLUDES) $(AM_CPPFLAGS) \

$(CPPFLAGS) $(AM_CFLAGS) $(CFLAGS) $(LIBGCRYPT_CFLAGS)

LTCOMPILE = $(LIBTOOL) $(AM_V_lt) --tag=CC $(AM_LIBTOOLFLAGS) \

$(LIBTOOLFLAGS) --mode=compile $(CC) $(DEFS) \

$(DEFAULT_INCLUDES) $(INCLUDES) $(AM_CPPFLAGS) $(CPPFLAGS) \

$(AM_CFLAGS) $(CFLAGS) $(LIBGCRYPT_CFLAGS)

where I added the LIBGCRYPT_CFLAGS to both COMPILE and LTCOMPILE. After making this change I am able to compile. But i am wondering if i am making a mistake in the compile process due to which I have to edit this file manually and the configure script is not generating the makefile correctly

Just as I finished writing this mail, the compile has failed again at

packet-ip.c:63:10: fatal error: 'GeoIP.h' file not found

#include <GeoIP.h>

Can someone please point me in the right direction

Thanks,

Ajay