Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compilation issue on Mac OS

From: ajay saxena <aileronajay@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 14:22:11 -0400

/usr/local/Cellar/geoip/1.6.9 is the location of GeoIP library

/usr/local/Cellar/geoip/1.6.9/include is the location of GeoIP.h

There is a symbolic link to GeoIP.h present in my /usr/local/include

Ajays-MacBook-Pro:include ajasaxen$ pwd

/usr/local/include

Ajays-MacBook-Pro:include ajasaxen$ ls -ltr GeoIP.h

lrwxr-xr-x  1 ajasaxen  staff  37 Jan 30 13:02 GeoIP.h -> ../Cellar/geoip/1.6.9/include/GeoIP.h

I did not pass a --with-geoip option to the configure script.

I have attached the content of config.log to the mail

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Apr 21, 2017, at 11:01 AM, ajay saxena <aileronajay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I took the latest source from code.wireshark.org and on compiling I ran into GeoIP.h error
>
> packet-ip.c:64:10: fatal error: 'GeoIP.h' file not found
> #include <GeoIP.h>
>          ^

Where is GeoIP.h located?  Where is the GeoIP library located?

When you ran the configure script, did you pass it a --with-geoip={directory} option?

If not, what are the contents of the config.log file in the directory in which you ran the configure script?