Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] learning VoIP with Wireshark

From: John Dill <John.Dill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 22:19:36 +0000

Hi,

I've been assigned to be the guy to support this new VoIP system we're getting, and I know that Wireshark has some VoIP analysis features.  I have ok enough background in networking, but VoIP is completely new to me.

If there's anyone with background in VoIP has any pointers on good reference books on the subject to recommend, and where to look at any VoIP traffic captures, that would be wonderful.  Apologies if this should be on wireshark-users.  Traffic seemed a bit light in the archives, and I figured there's a chance that there's a VoIP expert who also does Wireshark development.  I believe we're getting Cisco stuff, but I'm not at management level, so I don't really know what's coming down the pike yet.

Thanks for any suggestions,

John Dill