Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Windows dev, gerrit, git-review, etc.

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 10:06:30 +0100

On 26 May 2016 at 08:13, Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 2:50 AM, Gordon Ross <gordon.w.ross@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm an experienced unix developer, familiar with git, but I'm having
trouble getting all the git+gerrit tools setup on Windows (Win7).  I
have Visual Studio 2013.  I can build Wireshark and test my build.
I even have some interesting fixes to contibute... but:
I can't seem to get the tools to upload a review.

What combination of tools are people actually using for Wireshark
development on Windows?
My web search have led to lots of time wasted trying things that didn't work...

The Developers Guide linked to by Dario doesn't really cover patch submission.  The Wiki page on patch submission (https://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/SubmittingPatches) has much more help in that area, and for Windows folks in particular, the sub-page GitForWindows (https://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/SubmittingPatches/GitForWindows).

--
Graham Bloice