Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Windows dev, gerrit, git-review, etc.

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 02:11:13 -0700
On May 26, 2016, at 2:06 AM, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Developers Guide linked to by Dario doesn't really cover patch submission.  The Wiki page on patch submission (https://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/SubmittingPatches) has much more help in that area, and for Windows folks in particular, the sub-page GitForWindows (https://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/SubmittingPatches/GitForWindows).

So which bits of our developer documentation should be in the Developers' Guide and which parts should be on the wiki (and which parts, if any, should be in the doc directory or the top-level directory of the source code)?  The Lua documentation, for example, is split between the Developers' Guide and the Wiki, in ways that I suspect are not immediately obvious to somebody trying to extend Wireshark by writing Lua code.