Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Get "Malformed Packet" for 802.11 Beacon frames on Windows

From: Gianluca Varenni <Gianluca.Varenni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 15:22:49 +0000

Yes, but it’s rooted pretty deep in some of the libpcap sources. That code was actually working at some point on linux and there was some idea to include it in libpcap vs. being a patch for WinPcap. I don’t know what happened to that plan. AFAIK, there were also some security concerns about the protocol used for transferring the packets (I don’t know the details), and that might be one of the reasons why it was never pushed back to upstream.