Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Back-port new protocol (OpenDOF) to 2.0 branch?

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 16:38:16 +0200

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Mike Morrin <morrinmike@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The OpenDOF dissector has just been merged to Head, (thank you to all reviewers).

We are keen to get it into a released version of Wireshark.  I don't see a scheduled release date for 2.2, so presume that it is not soon.  If I back-port the change to the 2.0 branch, what are the chances of it being accepted?
Hi Mike,

Sorry, there is no backport of "new" dissector to stable branch.

Which (for the record) is documented here: https://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/ReleasePolicy

We need to waiting the next release (2.2)

Traditionally a new Wireshark release is out around Sharkest time. Version 2.0 was delayed more due to the amount of work required to switch from GTK to Qt, but hopefully we will come back to this release rate (once per year).

Cheers

---