Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Get "Malformed Packet" for 802.11 Beacon frames on Windows

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 11:11:37 +0100

On 13 April 2016 at 06:07, Yang Luo <hsluoyb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Guy,

As you know, Npcap/WinPcap is currently based on libpcap 1.0 branch 1_0_rel0b (20091008), which is a very old version.
Adding features to so old wpcap.dll code will put me even farther away from the libpcap trunk.
So I wanted to use the latest libpcap code in Npcap before adding code. Actually I posted a thread on tcpdump list about how to build libpcap on Windows before. But no solutions.

Do you know how to build libpcap into wpcap.dll?
I guess Loris developed the 1st generation WinPcap and ported libpcap into wpcap.dll. How did he achieve this?

This is one of the priority items on my TODO list, however first I want to finish off getting all the Visual Studio Code Analysis issues first which has stalled due to lack of time, and the fact that VS2015 Update 1 has totally broken driver remote deploy and test.  I need to check if Update 2 has fixed that.

--
Graham Bloice