Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] CMake: Disable building with QT ?

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 18:16:59 +0100
cmake completion on ubuntu leverage the cmake build dir itself. If you run cmake once, then try the completion, it will do the trick

$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ cmake ..
[build dir is populated]
$ cmake -D<tab>

It works for me in a freshly created build dir.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 11:34 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Nov 13, 2015, at 12:26 AM, Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A useful feature of cmake that works at least on ubuntu is the tab completion. So you can run
>
> cmake -DBUILD<tab>
>
> and you get a list of build targets that can be enabled/disabled.

Not on my Ubuntu 15.10 virtual machine it doesn't - not even if I run it in the Wireshark source directory.  <tab> does nothing.

        $ cmake --version
        cmake version 3.2.2
        $ echo $SHELL
        /bin/bash
        $ bash --version
        GNU bash, version 4.3.42(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)