Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Supported GnuTLS/glib/libgcrypt versions?

From: Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 00:57:27 +0200
On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 12:03:41PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:

> On Oct 14, 2015, at 11:25 AM, Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Looks like GnuTLS is only needed if you have to supply a RSA private
> > key.
>
> How much of it doe we use?
>
> If it's a sufficiently small amount, would it be worth just carving
> that part out and incorporating it directly into Wireshark, especially
> if that part is unlikely to change in the future in ways that we'd
> care about (bug fixes and new features that we'd actually use)?

That was the only functionality GnuTLS is used for. The change that
resulted in newer version requirement is matching the RSA private key by
its public key (instead if asking the user to specify an address +
port).

If needed I can try to create a compatibility file for older GnuTLS
versions that implements the needed functionality.
--
Kind regards,
Peter Wu