Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Supported GnuTLS/glib/libgcrypt versions?

From: Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 00:41:42 +0200
On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 08:44:56PM +0200, Anders Broman wrote:
> Den 15 okt 2015 19:43 skrev "Jeff Morriss" <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>:

> the 2.0
> the
> >>

> >> I have started testing with cmake + CentOS 6, it is not doing bad. At
> >> least these fixes are needed to fix the build:
> >> https://code.wireshark.org/review/10916
> >> https://code.wireshark.org/review/11041
> >

> > Funny, I actually didn't have any problems (once I updated my
> (customized) RPM spec file with some of the changes from master).  But
> rpmbuild is using autotools and building from the source tarball.

Yes, the problems only occurred with cmake.

> >> I made a mistake, SLES 12 includes glib2 2.38.2, the wiki is now updated
> >> to reflect that. For now the minimum gcrypt version is 1.4.2
> >> (https://code.wireshark.org/review/11043).
> >

> > So bumping the glib version means we'd lose SLES 11.  Given how
> > recent (for an enterprise version) SLES 12 is I'd guess there are
> > still a lot of SLES 11 users out there.
> >

> I'm need to build on SLES11 so please don't break that.

How does SLES work? Is upgrading to the latest SP seamless? How about
newer releases such as SLES12?  SLES11 SP2 provides gcrypt 1.5.0 which
is sufficiently new, but SP1 is not compatible anymore (1.4.1 < 1.4.3).

Looks like glib won't be upgraded any time soon. Do you need SSL
decryption with a given RSA private key?
--
Kind regards,
Peter Wu