Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] MSVC 2015 (VC14) notes/issue

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 10:37:10 -0700
On Aug 12, 2015, at 10:18 AM, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> FYI Windows CMake doesn't currently seem to configure without Qt, I'm not too fussed about that as on Windows the Qt version is the main build.

...and people are probably a *lot* less likely to want CLI-only builds on Windows than on UN*X (on UN*X, we need to support them; people often want to build TShark for headless machines).

That might change some day for, say, headless Windows machines (I always find the notion of "headless Windows" amusing; in the world of the Internet of Things, if things go the way Microsoft wants them to, more machines running "Windows" may be incapable of displaying actual *windows* than capable of displaying them).