Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] gitignore changes

From: Hadriel Kaplan <hadriel.kaplan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 11:56:19 -0500
Howdy,
I noticed myself and some others recently submitting changes to .gitignore, adding files we keep in our directories, such as our favorite editor’s specific files.

Being a git newbie I figured this was just going to be necessary, and wireshark’s .gitignore would grow to include a very large list of file names.  But in googling this I found that one can have an ignore file at the git global level as well, and even one for a specific repository without being committed/shared with others. (see https://help.github.com/articles/ignoring-files)

So it seems to me that we shouldn’t put our editor-specific or whatever-specific excludes in wireshark’s source-controlled .gitignore.
Right?

-hadriel