Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problem...

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 15:38:37 -0500

On 11/17/2013 12:53 PM, Herb Falk <herb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just got the SVN stuff to compile, but from the documentation I
can't figure out what file is missing and where to put it.

Based upon some preliminary research, it's possible that a setup command will be needed.

I need to do a little further research;

How are you running the newly-built Wireshark ?

  From the wireshark-gtk2 (or whatever is specified as INSTALL_DIR in
config.nmake) sub-directory in the source tree ?

In any case, please post the output from 'wireshark -v'.

Ok: When building wireshark with GTK3 on Windows in a dev environment, a file called gschemas.compiled should be set up under the INSTALL directory as share\glib-2.0\schemas\gschemas.compiled
(INSTALL is defined in config.nmake)

From the top-level Makefile.nmake:

!IFDEF GTK_SCHEMAS_DIR
	if not exist $(INSTALL_DIR)\$(GTK_SCHEMAS_DIR) ^
           mkdir $(INSTALL_DIR)\$(GTK_SCHEMAS_DIR)
	if not exist $(GTK_DIR)\$(GTK_SCHEMAS_DIR)\gschemas.compiled ^
           $(GTK_DIR)\bin\glib-compile-schemas ^
              $(GTK_DIR)\$(GTK_SCHEMAS_DIR)
	xcopy $(GTK_DIR)\$(GTK_SCHEMAS_DIR)\gschemas.compiled ^
              $(INSTALL_DIR)\$(GTK_SCHEMAS_DIR) /d
!ENDIF

(Note that gschemas.compiled is created as needed using
glib-compile-schemas).

I'm not sure why this is not working in your build.

It should have "just worked" ...    :

Is 'C:\wireshark' the directory you've defined as the INSTALL dir in config.nmake ??