Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark development setup Help

From: Sreejith M M <sreejith.mm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 23:14:28 +0530
I am trying to make a new dissector for wireshark. As part of this, I am following wireshark doc to setup tools and source code .

I have a 32 bit windows 7
I followed below steps as shown in the http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html page

  1. C compiler: Download and install "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express Edition." (This is a very large download.)

  2. C compiler service pack: Download and install "Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1." (This is a very large download.)

  3. Install Cygwin
  4. Install python
  5. Install TortoiseSVN
  6. edit config.nmake

After this I am not able to find

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Bin\SetEnv.Cmd

or

vcvarsall.bat or vcvars32.bat

One thing is that , I am not having v7.1 ,rather v7.0A. But I am suprised that this folder doesnt have any of the above 3 files.

Please help to proceed

-Sreejith