Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Tool Ownership and Licensing

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 01:07:29 +0200
On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 06:32:49PM -0400, Jeff Morriss wrote:

> >>Joerg Mayer
> >
> >Really? I don't remember. I only remember "improving" it. Maybe Guy or
> >Michael remember something about this script.
>
> That's what Guy's checkin comment said:
>

> r38053 | guy | 2011-07-15 17:48:02 -0400 (Fri, 15 Jul 2011) | 8 lines
>
> Add Joerg Mayer's macos-setup.sh script, modified to add an "x" after
> "macos", to fix some bugs, to use "sudo" if necessary when installing,
> to make the library version numbers variables, and to download the
> optional libraries, by default, as well.  Also add his patches to make
> GLib build and work.
>
> Update README.macos to reflect that.

So that was only two years ago ;-) Unbelievable.

Googling a bit showed

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.network.wireshark.devel/22203
which gives pretty much the history of this script. It was (more than)
inspired by
https://nplab.fh-muenster.de/groups/wiki/wiki/fb7a4/Building_Wireshark_on_SnowLeopard.html

So the foundation of this script was written by Irene Rüngeler. I only
improved on that.

Ciao
      Jörg