Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] make rpm-package fails if uic isn't installed.

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 09:04:34 -0400
On 06/26/13 13:58, Christopher Maynard wrote:
Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@...> writes:

Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws <at> ...> writes:

Yes, unfortunately that's expected.

OK, "yum update qt-devel" it is then.

Of course, that should have read, "yum install qt-devel".

I have another rpm-package problem.  I am building an rpm without Wireshark
(i.e., --enable-wireshark=no), as this is to be installed on headless
servers w/out any of the GUI-related packages required for Wireshark.
Basically, it's for the command-line tools only.  Because of this, I get the
following RPM build errors:

     File not found:
/home/ricie/wireshark/tshark-1.10.0/packaging/rpm/BUILDROOT/wireshark-
1.10.0-1.x86_64/usr/local/bin/wireshark
     File not found by glob:
/home/ricie/wireshark/tshark-1.10.0/packaging/rpm/BUILDROOT/wireshark-
1.10.0-1.x86_64/usr/local/share/man/man1/wireshark.*
make: *** [rpm-package] Error 1

Does your compile server have GTK, etc.?

The RPM stuff is currently set up to assume that it does and then generate 2 packages: one without the GUI ("wireshark") and one with the GUI ("wireshark-gnome", I hope to soon add "wireshark-qt" as another package). If you can compile with GTK then you could simply install the first package.

If not, you'd probably have to comment out the entire "gnome" package (all the sections matching "^%.* gnome").

I'm not sure if it would be worth making it an option to not generate the GUI packages at all--let me know what you think.