Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] make rpm-package fails if uic isn't installed.

From: Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 14:46:31 +0000 (UTC)
Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@...> writes:

> Does your compile server have GTK, etc.?
>
> The RPM stuff is currently set up to assume that it does and then
> generate 2 packages: one without the GUI ("wireshark") and one with the
> GUI ("wireshark-gnome", I hope to soon add "wireshark-qt" as another
> package).  If you can compile with GTK then you could simply install the
> first package.

Thanks for the follow-up, Jeff.  That's exactly what I ended up doing and it
worked perfectly.  I guess the thing to note here is that attempting to
create an rpm with the --enable-wireshark=no option in the spec file will fail.

> If not, you'd probably have to comment out the entire "gnome" package
> (all the sections matching "^%.* gnome").
>
> I'm not sure if it would be worth making it an option to not generate
> the GUI packages at all--let me know what you think.

I don't know if it's worth it - probably not.  It just wasn't clear to me
that there would be 2 rpm's built now, as it's been quite awhile since I
last created Wireshark rpms.  Anyway, now that I know, I actually like it
this way because someone here probably has a RHEL6 server that could support
Wireshark, so for them they can just install the gnome rpm, but that rpm can
be omitted for all the other servers ... and I don't have to do anything
different for either one.