Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Proposed Gerrit workflow (was: Re: Notes from Sharkfest '13)

From: Martin Kaiser <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 18:16:23 +0200
Hi Balint,

Thus wrote B�lint R�czey (balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx):

> We can relax the rules for Core Developers to let them bypass the peer review,
> but I did not want to include this exception in the first proposal.
> Speaking of myself I would be OK with requiring peer review for all my commits,
> but it is not a surprise since I wrote the first version of the proposal. ;-)

I'd be in favour of a solution where core developers can decide to
bypass the review for trivial changes. This encourages people to do
cleanups straight away.

Reviewing complex changes is certainly necessary and it looks like
gerrit makes this easier than bugzilla/mails.

> What I'm really looking forward to in the proposed Gerrit work-flow is
> the ability of having my changes
> tested on architectures I don't use _before_ applying them to the main branch.

That is definitely an improvement.

Regards,
Martin