Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Proposed Gerrit workflow (was: Re: Notes from Sharkfest '13)

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 09:20:53 -0700

On 06/22/2013 03:47 AM, Bálint Réczey wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> 2013/6/21 Marc Petit-Huguenin <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>> On 06/20/2013 04:52 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

>>> Presumably you mean "Gerrit plus a private repository is better than
>>> github", as Gerrit, as far as I can tell, is just software that works
>>> with a Git repository.
>>
>> Yes, although managing repositories being what Gerrit do, Gerrit without
>> a least one repository would be a very boring application.
> :-)
>
> I have started describing a Gerrit based workflow which IMO would fit to
> the project at http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Workflow . Please
> check it and share your opinion.

"Code is building and tests are passing on all platforms. (Tests automatically
start when at least one Core Developer gives +1 or +2 to prevent overloading
or cracking the build servers.)"

Why do not build and test all patchsets submitted?  Is that a limitation of
the build servers?  Having Jenkins automatically verify your patchset is IMO
one of the nice feature of Gerrit, and it will lower the workload of core devs
if building and testing are done before they start looking at the patchset.

For people not familiar with the integration between Gerrit and Jenkins:

http://vimeo.com/20084957

- --
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Email: marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx