Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] more info required on GSoC project itshark (CLI)

From: kunal bansal <kunalbansal.02@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 02:38:55 +0530
Sir u had submitted the project with the requirement for an interactive version of tshark

Expected Result. Users should be able to capture and open files, then to filter the packets and visualize summaries and the protocol tree of individual packets on request.

Discussion. Are you thinking of a "command-line" program, in the sense that, for example, ed or ex are "command-line" editors, or a "full-screen" or "curses" program, in the sense that vi or emacs are "full-screen" editors (which would probably be more like "a curses version of Wireshark" than "an interactive version of tshark"), or both? --GuyHarris

I was thinking in something like ed to begin with, so it can later be daemonized, a curses adaptation, later on, would be nice, especially for embedding it into routers and similar devices.

So can you give a hin from where to start reading the documentation for same?