Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Having issues with wireshark dissector installation

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:41:44 +0000

On 30 January 2013 17:10, Arshad <heyarshad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I am a newbie to programming. I am having issues with compiling the a basic dissector that I created as per the developer guide. I have the code but I am not able to compile it. I tried the steps to build it, but having issues with compiling it. I tried from WIndows to compile it and followed the step by step guide: http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html But I am getting error installing the SDK and it shows installation failed.

"A problem occurred while installing selected Windows SDK components.

Installation of the "Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7" product has reported the following error: Please refer to Samples\Setup\HTML\ConfigDetails.htm document for further information."

Can I get some help in fixing it.

I'm guessing you are using VS 2010 Express.  If so, you only need the SDK for 64 bit versions of wireshark.  Unless you really need a 64 bit version, don't install the SDK.

Graham