Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] TPG tool files

From: Douglas Wood <doug.wood@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 17:45:01 -0400
There are options for installing CYGWIN on Windows on how to handle CRLF.  I can't remember where the configuration information is stored.  It isn't just in the mount file.  But, eventually, I figured out that it was better to have CYGWIN handling Linux mode and where necessary, do the explicit dos2unix/unix2dos (this was the command in the last version of CYGWIN I installed, the command name has subsequently changed in some versions of Linux, so it might not be an option with that name anymore, option was named something like textutils as I recall).

I made the decision to make CYGWIN go with unix conventions rather than Windows convention many years ago due to incompatibility of scripts with Linux/Unix/Solaris/HPUX when going back and forth.  Bash certainly doesn't handle CR-LF at all and other programs do "magical" processing of what to include as a line when doing something like a readline().

Doug

Sent from my iPad