Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] TPG tool files

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 14:52:49 -0700
On Sep 13, 2012, at 2:34 PM, Gisle Vanem <gvanem@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yap is a Perl script. So "problems with Perl scripts processing text files" AFAICS apply here since tpg.yp is a text file with CRLF endings.

Yes, but is it attempting to *read* text files with CR-LF line endings?  That's what I meant by "problems with Perl scripts processing text files" - I was referring to problems with the file format of the input to the Perl scripts, not with the file format of the scripts themselves.  (There might also be problems with text output from the Perl scripts, if it ended up producing files with LF line endings and some Windows program to which the output was fed couldn't handle that.)

> I'll check the Cygwin '/etc/mount' options more closely.

...which would presumably handle both issues.